Who are we?
Trumid is a financial technology company and fixed income electronic trading platform focused on US dollar-denominated Investment Grade, High Yield, Distressed, and Emerging Market bonds. Trumid optimizes the credit trading experience by combining agile technology and market expertise, with a focus on product design. The result is a differentiated ecosystem of protocols and trading solutions delivered within one intuitive platform. Learn more at www.trumid.com.
About the Role
As a member of the Emerging Markets (EM) Sales team, you will work within an experienced and expert team growing the demand for our electronic trading platform. You will be responsible for buyside and sellside client relationship management, including identification of new prospect accounts, on-boarding and managing on-going relationships. You will speak to EM clients, creating awareness around liquidity and trading activity. You will be responsible for demoing the platform and assisting clients execute trades on the platform. A successful candidate will have the ability to develop, grow and maintain relationships. You should have strong communication skills to teach clients how to use the technology and demonstrate the benefits to their workflow. You should be a proactive self-starter, hardworking and possess strong critical thinking skills to enhance participation on the platform and increase revenue.
What will you do?
- Work within the EM Sales team to deliver Trumid to our clients and directly contribute to the growth in volume and revenue with those clients
- Ensure session trading is successful by understanding trading strategies concentrating on the most active bonds across each sector
- Understand US and Global EM dealer perspective, focusing on creating scenarios for opposing buyers and sellers to meet and clear risk
- Detailed understanding of streamlined trade flow processes and workflows for automated trading systems
- Organize client onboarding to garner continuous support, troubleshoot and resolve any trade lifecycle issues in an urgent and timely manner
- Educate clients with pre-trade transparency to maximizing liquidity on the platform during trading sessions by soliciting IOI’s and orders and promoting consistent responsiveness to RFQ inquiries
- Deep understanding and keen sense of awareness around market developments and competitive intelligence
- Partner with technology and product teams to identify and enhance current platform functionality
Skills and Qualifications
- B.A. in Finance, Economics, Business Administration or other markets driven discipline
- 1-3 years’ experience in markets facing role
- Series 7 and Series 63
- Enthusiasm for FinTech with desire to expand knowledge of financial markets and fixed income products
- Strong business acumen and decision making; curiosity and willingness to learn how the business functions strategically
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; relentlessness, incredible follow-up skills and ability to navigate and operate in a fast-paced environment - must be a proactive, self-starter
- Ability to work effectively in a team – someone who is collaborative, committed, flexible and reliable with a strong "can do” attitude
- Must be willing to travel domestically for in-person client meetings and events; and be available to join and host after-working-hours client entertainment
Just a few perks that our employees enjoy!
- Highly competitive compensation
- Fully paid medical, dental and vision coverage
- Team-oriented and collaborative company culture
- Hybrid work arrangements
In compliance with New York City Pay Transparency Law, the base salary range for this role in New York City is between $80,000 - $150,000. This range does not include discretionary bonus or other forms of compensation or benefits offered in connection with this job. Trumid incorporates several factors when determining a candidate’s compensation.
Trumid is an equal opportunity employer.