Who are we?
Trumid is a financial technology company and fixed income electronic trading platform focused on US dollar-denominated Investment Grade, High Yield, Distressed, and Emerging Market bonds. Trumid optimizes the credit trading experience by combining agile technology and market expertise, with a focus on product design. The result is a differentiated ecosystem of protocols and trading solutions delivered within one intuitive platform. Learn more at www.trumid.com.
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Senior Data Engineer to join our Core Data Engineering team, playing a key role in building and maintaining our core data infrastructure. As a member of the core data team, you’ll be in a multifaceted role that requires you not only to be able to go deeper in the nuances of complex systems like kafka and postgres, but to also think broadly about how individual workloads or platform changes affect the entire ecosystem of our developers. Every part of our company is growing, from our data to our clients to our developer base. We strive to architect a platform that not only scales with our company but also continues to provide integrity and stability for those using it now.
What will you do in this role?
- Design, build, and maintain robust data pipelines and platforms using technologies like Postgres, BigQuery, Kafka, and Debezium.
- Provision and operate resources using both managed services in AWS/GCP and in Kubernetes.
- Implement database migrations and manage schema evolution.
- Develop and optimize data ingestion processes.
- Design and implement data security measures.
- Manage infrastructure costs and resource utilization.
Data Modeling and Analysis:
- Design and implement data models to effectively support various use cases.
- Analyze data to identify trends and insights.
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to define data requirements and drive data-driven decision making.
Site Reliability Engineering:
- Develop and implement comprehensive monitoring and alerting systems for data infrastructure and applications using technologies like prometheus.
- Manage permissions to our data infrastructure balancing ease of use and principle of least privilege.
- Investigate and troubleshoot data anomalies and issues.
- Work with support teams to resolve data-related incidents.
Tooling, Education and Collaboration:
- Develop and maintain internal tools to streamline data access and analysis for all teams.
- Create and deliver training materials and workshops to educate developers and other stakeholders on data best practices and tools.
- Work effectively with developers, product teams, compliance, and other stakeholders to understand their data needs and deliver solutions.
- Communicate technical concepts effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Review code and provide constructive feedback.
- Be opinionated and lead design discussions.
Who are you?
- You have 5-7+ years of experience in data engineering or a related field.
- Proven experience designing, building, and maintaining data pipelines and platforms.
- Strong understanding of data modeling and analytics concepts.
- Expertise in SQL and experience with relational databases (Postgres preferred).
- Experience with cloud data platforms like BigQuery and data warehousing technologies.
- Familiarity with data streaming technologies like Kafka and Debezium.
- Experience with data integration and ETL tools.
- Strong understanding of data security principles and best practices.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Role is in-office (NYC) 2-days per week
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and automation tools.
- Knowledge of data governance and compliance policies.
- Experience with data visualization tools and dashboards.
Just a few perks that our employees enjoy!
- Highly competitive compensation
- Fully paid medical, dental and vision coverage
- Team-oriented and collaborative company culture
- Flexibility for in-office (NYC - near Bryant Park) and work from home arrangements
In compliance with New York City Pay Transparency Law, the base salary range for this role in New York City is between $175,000 - $225,000. This range does not include discretionary bonus or other forms of compensation or benefits offered in connection with this job. Trumid incorporates several factors when determining a candidate’s compensation.
Trumid is an equal opportunity employer.