Who are we?
Trumid is a financial technology company and fixed income electronic trading platform focused on US dollar-denominated Investment Grade, High Yield, Distressed, and Emerging Market bonds. Trumid optimizes the credit trading experience by combining agile technology and market expertise, with a focus on product design. The result is a differentiated ecosystem of protocols and trading solutions delivered within one intuitive platform. Learn more at www.trumid.com.
What will you do in this role?
As a Software Engineer on the Data and Intelligence team, you will be working closely with other developers, data engineers and quantitative researchers to turn ideas into production-ready software. This will involve creation of distributed systems, streaming applications, high-throughput data pipelines, and research tooling. You will have the chance to work with the latest machine learning techniques to develop software that will become part of our credit trading platform and see usage from our clients on a daily basis.
Your excellent collaboration skills will allow you to coordinate with many different teams to ensure that our services are integrated into Trumid’s tech stack as efficiently and performantly as possible. Our team mainly works on greenfield projects, so you will be able to experiment with cutting-edge technology and introduce new ideas to the company.
You will be expected to deliver high-quality software, apply industry best practices during development, and invent creative solutions to a diverse set of challenges. If you enjoy owning projects from start to finish, solving complex problems, and being an early adopter of the latest in ML and AI developments, this will be the right role for you!
You will have a chance to work on projects such as:
- Bond pricing research framework and production-ready pricing models
- Real-time market data pipelines
- Optimizing performance of distributed applications for low latency and high throughput
- Fast distributed data caching
- Data commercialization: integrating various internal data products with third-party data redistribution platforms
- Building internal applications using large language models (LLMs), supervised learning, deep learning and reinforcement learning
A bit about our tech stack
- We rely on Google Cloud Platform tooling for all parts of our data infrastructure
- Services are containerized using Docker and deployed primarily to Kubernetes, with Cloud Run and Argo in use for short-lived jobs and on-demand compute
- Python is our language for nearly everything, from data prep to research to model training and production deployment
- Data is published to consumers via Kafka or made available over GRPC and REST APIs
- Google BigQuery is our central hub for analytical data, used as both the source and sink for ML projects
- Data is sourced internally from Postgres and Kafka and externally over many formats (FTP, REST API, flat file delivery, etc)
- Data integration and ETL is handled via dbt
Who will be a successful candidate?
Necessary technical skills:
- Expert-level Python knowledge (especially re: concurrency, async programming, etc)
- Good knowledge of at least one compiled language like C++/C#/Java
- Distributed systems
- SQL databases (e.g. Postgres/MSSQL)
- NoSQL databases (e.g. Redis)
- Distributed streaming (e.g. Apache Kafka)
- Distributed computing (e.g. Dask, Apache Spark)
- Knowledge of software development tooling and practices (e.g. CI/CD)
Nice to have:
- Knowledge about financial markets
- Knowledge of Google Cloud Platform
- Knowledge of low-latency high-performance computing
- Knowledge of Machine Learning techniques
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a quantitative discipline preferred (Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent)
- 3-5 years of software engineering experience
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Strong work ethic; ability to lead individual projects
- High degree of initiative
Just a few perks that our employees enjoy!
- Highly competitive compensation
- Fully paid medical, dental and vision coverage
- Team oriented and collaborative company culture
- Flexible for in-office and work-from-home arrangements
In compliance with New York City Pay Transparency Law, the base salary range for this role in New York City is between $125,000 - $175,000. This range does not include discretionary bonus or other forms of compensation or benefits offered in connection with this job. Trumid incorporates several factors when determining a candidate’s compensation.
Trumid is an equal opportunity employer.