Senior Product Designer
Who are we?
Trumid is a financial technology company and fixed income electronic trading platform focused on US dollar-denominated Investment Grade, High Yield, Distressed, and Emerging Market bonds. Trumid optimizes the credit trading experience by combining agile technology and market expertise, with a focus on product design. The result is a differentiated ecosystem of protocols and trading solutions delivered within one intuitive platform. Learn more at www.trumid.com.
What will you do in this role?
We are looking for a full time Senior Product Designer who has both interaction design and visual design experience to help us continue delivering fantastic products to our clients. In this role, you will design large-scale, complex, and function-heavy products across all our platform offerings. As a member of the Product team, you will collaborate and iterate with other product team members as well as with our developers to create user-centered, elegant, and intuitive digital products. This is a unique opportunity to be an integral part of the innovative process and allow Trumid to continue setting a new standard for design and UX for applications built for the financial industry. If you are passionate about applying UCD principles with creative solutions and have a portfolio of professional design projects – we’d like to speak with you!
- Lead complex product design projects with other designers on the team: structure the UX engagement plan, dissect UX tasks into a meaningful scope of work, and collaborate with product, development, and client team to maximize the value of UX design
- Strengthen base knowledge by interviewing key stakeholders and SMEs, and synthesize insights into project-based, realistic design principles
- Investigate UI/UX problems and propose solutions across a wide variety of perspectives
- Design intuitive workflow and layout, prototypes, and communicate concepts across different types of stakeholders
- Collaborate with the development team to understand the constraints and feasibility concerns of the platform
- Utilize our design system and existing patterns to deliver consistent and visually appealing user interface design
- Evolve our design language, pattern library, standard components, to continue shaping Trumid design system
We would welcome the opportunity for you to showcase your work. As part of our application process, please include a link in your resume to your online portfolio (or to a PDF of your work).
Skills & Qualifications
- 7+ years of experience as a Product Designer, Interaction Designer, UX Architect, or similar role in a creative agency, design consultancy, or in-house team (experience in FinTech space is a plus!)
- Bachelors Degree in Interaction Design, HCI, Industrial Design, Communication Design, or related field
- Ability to articulate and communicate with a high degree of clarity, detailed organization skills and leading a design workshop
- Track record of success excelling in interaction design and interactive design skills to create end-to-end experience, customize user journey, and create insight-driven design solutions
- Passionate about iterating creative ideas, with high attention to details and speed in executing design solutions.
- Self-driven with the ability to learn quickly and adapt in an ever changing and fast paced environment
- Must be proficient in Figma, equipped with basic prototyping and UX research skills; knowledge of HTML and CSS is a plus
Just a few perks that our employees enjoy!
- Highly competitive compensation
- Fully paid medical, dental and vision coverage
- Team-oriented and collaborative company culture
- Flexibility for in-office and work from home arrangements
Trumid is an equal opportunity employer.
In compliance with New York City Pay Transparency Law, the base salary range for this role in New York City is between $150,000 and $225,000. This range does not include discretionary bonus or other forms of compensation or benefits offered in connection with this job. Several factors are considered when determining a candidate’s compensation.