Who are We?
Trumid is a financial technology company building tomorrow’s credit trading network. We combine agile technology, intuitive design, and deep market expertise to deliver differentiated trading solutions. With an expanding network of more than 600 leading buy side and sell side institutions, Trumid is optimizing the fixed income trading experience.
Our business model thrives on participation and connection, and so does our company culture. We believe in collaborative innovation and solving for fun. Working together to achieve common goals and finding joy in pushing into unexplored areas and new ways of thinking. Learn more at www.trumid.com.
What will you do in this role?
Trumid is growing and evolving, and our legal and compliance team is also changing shape as we look to extend our reach to meet the demands of a more complex and dynamic trading business. With compliance at the core, we’ve created a culture where mitigating risk is top of mind throughout our expanding business where both technical and business knowledge of the trading industry will be instrumental in our success. As regulatory programs expand, we’re looking for a US compliance leader that can take full ownership of our compliance culture, controls, programs and policies and continue to put Trumid in a place of leadership and visibility in the expanding marketplace.
- Oversee the continued development, enhancement and execution of best-in-class US compliance function to ensure all compliance policies, processes and controls are evaluated for effectiveness/weaknesses and are approached with a preventative nature, but not limited to Compliance Manual, Code of Ethics, Policies and Procedures, Employee Training, Compliance oversight and surveillance
- Collaborate across internal Trumid functions to address compliance issues impacting the business as it pertains to identifying, documenting and resolving regulatory matters
- Provide insights, guidance and leadership on the firm’s internal controls to ensure compliance of new trading protocols and functionality; ability to extract and articulate new rules and rule changes which impact current policies and product offerings to ensure programs comply with changes rules
- Oversee and serve as the main point of contact for all US employees/registered reps including but not limited to FINRA licensing requirements, OBA approvals, trading policies, outside investment approvals and monthly supervisory checklists
- Assist in international expansion efforts including working with UK/EU compliance team and other Trumid functions to formulate, implement and support optimal structure for global product and service offerings
- Drive, implement and execute all broker-dealer and ATS compliance-related activities including but not limited to TRACE reporting, regulatory preparation/filing, Audits, trade issues and surveillance of internal communications channels/data access/data usage
- Research, identify and advise/remain acutely aware of future trends/laws/regulations in the space; ensure future regulatory landscape developments are implemented; present Trumid as a thought leader in the space through participation in regulatory forums
- Review and sign off on all marketing and communications material for Trumid and subsidiaries
- Maintain and enhance relationships with Trumid’s regulatory coordinators
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA) in Finance, Business Administration or Political Science
- 10+ years of experience working in the securities industry with focus on compliance, product and operations; knowledge of FINRA/SEC regulatory requirements as they pertain to broker-dealers and alternate trading systems
- Experience working with Fixed Income ATS or other sell/buy side ATS
- Experience preparing, reporting, and filing various regulatory reports with an acute level of detail; ability to look for inconsistencies across sets of documents to mitigate risks and ensure correct reporting
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills; must be able to articulate Trumid’s current and future positioning in the marketplace in a highly competitive trading industry with poise, posture and voice
- Series 7/24 required
Just a few of the benefits our employees enjoy!
- Highly competitive compensation
- Fully paid medical, dental and vision coverage
- Team-oriented and collaborative company culture
- Flexibility for in-office and work from home arrangements
Trumid is an equal opportunity employer.